Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) Therapist
The Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) therapist provides individual and family therapy sessions in addition to crisis management as needed. This position also works as part of a treatment team for the client and the unit team where the client resides.
Professional licensure at the Master’s Level by the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board required. Clinical Licensure is preferred.
Full-time positon, Hours: Monday – Friday
Marillac is prepared to offer competitive pay and benefits.
The Cornerstones of Care Family of Agencies is committed to the Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive trauma-informed method for creating change and helping individuals heal from traumatic experiences. It is a whole system approach built around the framework of SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss, and Future). It is designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes, and behaviors on the part of staff, children and the community as a whole that can counteract the physical and psychological wounds suffered by the children, youth, and families in our care. The ultimate outcome of a trauma informed philosophy is the creation of safe, therapeutic living and working environments for our clients, families, agency members and ancillary providers which espouse the proactive principles of growth, change, and empowerment of the individual for the betterment of the community. Each employee across our family of agencies has the responsibility to demonstrate the tenets of the Sanctuary Model in their work with clients and in their interaction with other team members. Demonstrating these tenets is considered an essential responsibility for all staff in all positions across our family of agencies.
- Diagnoses client’s problems by collecting and evaluating information about the client’s situation.
- Develops treatment plan by establishing treatment goals with the client; determining treatment methodologies.
- Advises client by suggesting and exploring resolutions; discussing progress toward goals.
- Monitors progress toward treatment goals by evaluating and adjusting services provided.
- Assures quality service for clients by enforcing rules; regulations, and legal requirements with clients; documenting events of the therapeutic process in a confidential manner.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to internal and external team effort by consulting with other professionals; accomplishing related results as needed.
- The ability to therapeutically engage clients and families.
- The ability to work and communicate well with internal and external treatment team members.
- The possession of a high level of verbal/writing skills.
- Hours: Monday through Friday, Full-time position
- Education Level: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
- Other minimum requirements: Professional licensure at the Master’s Level by the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board. Clinical Licensure is preferred.
- Years of Experience: 1 to 3 years
In addition to the above requirements, incumbent must:
- Complete Sanctuary training in a timely manner;
- Follow all agency policies;
- Be able to pass State Abuse, Neglect and criminal background checks;
- Be able to carry out the essential functions of the position with, or without, accommodation.
- Perform all job duties in a manner which demonstrates a commitment to Sanctuary values and practices.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of cultural and ethnic diversity of clients, staff and other community partners.
EOE/Drug Screens/Must be at least 21/Smoke Free Campus
If you’re ready to join a team of professionals that are dedicated to making a difference, we want to hear from you!
For consideration, please apply on-line at www.cornerstonesofcare.org